GOLF ANDALUSIA – TOP GOLFING LIST
Andalusia is one of Europe’s foremost golfing destinations, with over 100 courses. The climate, with guaranteed warm temperatures all year round, not to mention endless hours of sunshine, coupled with spectacularly located courses, often with mountain or sea views, makes this region a hugely popular choice for golfers from all over the world.
Let’s analyse each province. Malaga and Cadiz provinces, with their long coastlines, have the highest concentration of greens. On the other hand, there are quality courses in Almeria and Huelva, providing memorable challenges for all levels of golfing enthusiasts. Also, the provinces of Granada and Sevilla also offer fine courses and services for golfers. The inland provinces of Jaen and Córdoba are not as well-known as golf destinations.
Recently officially twin-named as the “Costa del Golf”, Andalusia has 86 golf courses ranging from modest 9-hole ones to splendid top ones, as well as those adapted for amateurs and tourist golf. All of them are in perfect condition and prepared for welcoming visiting golfers. The great number and variety of facilities, the privileged climate that allows you to play all year round, and the prestige of its golf courses have definitively made Andalusia a first-call golf destination.
There are more than 70 courses within a very short distance of each other, but which are really worth a visit? Here is a selection of fabulous golf courses available in the area, representing the top-golfing list in Andalusia:
- El Paraiso Golf in Estepona (Greenfee 18 holes). This golf course is characterized by its mainly flat character. This is exceptional for golf courses in this region. The use of a buggy is then also mandatory and recommended for most tracks. This course is perfectly maintained and beautifully situated with many different holes directly at the beach!
- Los Arqueros Golf in Benahavis (Greenfee 18 hole). this golf course is located north of the highway A7 closer to the mountains than most golf courses in the area. This is why the views are amazing and there are some nice height differences. The course was designed by golf professional Severiano Ballesteros. If you like a steeply sloping landscape in a quiet environment, then this is definitely a suitable course for you. Please note that the course can be quite frustrating for beginners, we have experienced it, but a beer on the terrace overlooking the sea and the mountains will make you forget about it soon.
- Los Naranjos in Marbella (Greenfee 18 holes). This is really a must! The track was designed by Robert Trent Jones. This 18 hole golf course has everything you could wish for on around. There is a river, orange grove and the slope makes this a really beautiful place to play. It is not without reason that many (international) tournaments are held here. So book a tee time on the site in advance! Suitable course for both the amateur and the professional!
- Westin La Quinta in Marbella (Greenfee 18 holes). This 27-hole golf course is beautiful. The course is part of the luxurious Westin resort with several restaurants where you can eat or have a drink after your round. The golf course is suitable for all players. It has 27 holes and from some spots, you have a beautiful view over the mountains of the province of Malaga and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Real Club Valderrama. This is the most exclusive club in the area. The Open de España was held on this track in 2017. The absolute world top came together here to play the course on two weekends. Real Club Valderrama is a private club where green fee players are welcome between 12 and 14 on weekdays and between 12 and 13 on weekends. For men, there is a minimum handicap of 24 and for women of 32.
Imagine luxury living in the Costa del Golf.
Leave a Comment